Billions of women all over world have excess weight in their thighs. This is caused by many factors like diet, lack of exercise and cellulite accumulation. Almost all women, who have bulky thighs, dream of having slim thighs. Fortunately, this is achievable by a combination of right exercises and diet. However, one needs to work hard and put in a lot of time and effort in order to get thinner thighs. Some exercises and tips for achieving slimmer thighs are mentioned below.
Tips for Getting Slim Thighs
- Squats are one of the best exercises for the lower body. They target multiple body parts including butts and thighs. For a squat, stand with your feet hip width apart and rest your hands on your hips. Then go down as if you are about to sit. Once your thighs are parallel to the floor, go back to the start position. This is one repetition. Ideally, you should do this 12 times.
- Go for cycling as this works out the inner thighs and legs. You can either go for cycling outdoors or do it indoors on a stationary cycle.
- Kicking is another good exercise for slimming your thighs and legs. Do a sidekick for a minute for each leg as sidekicks are more effective front kicks.
- Do cardiovascular exercises 5 days a week with interval training. This will help you get rid of overall body fat and lead to slim thighs
- Start a walking routine. Walking is the best exercise for the whole body. Moreover, it does not bulk up your thighs like jogging. However, in a walking routine, you have to walk faster than the normal rate. You can either go for a walk outside or walk on a treadmill.
- Climb stairs instead of taking the lift. Climbing stairs burns extra calories and reduces weight if done regularly. It also impacts your thighs and calves.
- Cut down on carbohydrates and fats. Also, avoid junk food. They cause your weight to increase and thighs to fatten. Drink more water and eat more fruits and vegetable. This will reduce weight and help you get slim thighs.
- Consult your family doctor to determine whether you have bulky thighs due to cellulite accumulation. The doctor can also prescribe you a cellulite cream to get rid of this problem.
Thus, it takes right exercises and diet to get slim thighs. If you are still confused about what is the best exercise for you, then consult a fitness trainer.