Constipation is not something very pleasant. Everyone, who has suffered from it, knows what a pain it can be. Constipation is a health problem which makes bowel movements difficult and infrequent. It is caused by many things like stress, improper diet and so on. Constipation relief is very simple most of the times and can be achieved at home. Some of the tips for constipation relief are given below.
Constipation Relief Tips
- Get sufficient amounts of fiber in your diet through cereals, bread, fruits and vegetables. This is very important for constipation relief since constipation is usually caused insufficient fiber in our diet.
- Drink lot of water so that your digestive system can work properly. Water is said to be a natural laxative and makes bowel movements easier. You must drink at least 8 glasses or 4 litres of water a day. However, do not drink it all in one go.
- Drinking lemon juice, apple juice, orange juice or any other acidic juice can also relieve constipation in some people. This is because they help in defecation.
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee when suffering from constipation. Tea and coffee dehydrate your system and thus, make bowel movements difficult. This can worsen the constipation.
- Avoid dairy products since they can make constipation worse. Examples of dairy products include cheese, ice cream and milk. They bind the bowel movement and lead to constipation. Therefore, one should avoid them when suffering from constipation.
- Get some exercise as it can help bowel movements. Sitting around and not moving your body can also lead to constipation. Thus, getting some exercise is necessary for getting relief from constipation.
- Relax and manage stress in order to get some relief from constipation. Stress often leads to constipation. Thus, worrying about infrequent bowel movements will only make matters worse. Hence, you should stay calm and relax to deal with this problem.
- If you feel the need to use the bathroom, go as soon as you can. Do not delay going to the bathroom as this can lead to worsening of the problem.
The above tips are meant for constipation relief when the problem is not very severe. However, if you have severe constipation and have not passed bowels for many days, then you should consult a doctor.
Image source: Facebook.com