Aloe vera is known as the magical herb as it has many medicinal benefits. Aloe vera benefits are mentioned in almost all books on medicine and herb. The herb is also known for its various skin care benefits.
- Aloe vera is very good for cracked and dry skin. It can be applied to dry and cracked skin in order to get relief. It helps dry skin by moisturizing it.
- Aloe vera juice acts as a natural barrier and protects the skin from dangerous toxins.
- Various wounds, burns and inflammations can be cured with the help of lotions containing the herb. It also helps in reducing the pain caused by them.
- It also helps in fighting acne. It does this by preventing the excessive production of sebum, which is the prime cause of acne. This also helps in oily skin
- The herb also helps the skin in hydrating itself. A well hydrated skin appears healthy and fresh.
- It also prevents premature aging of the skin by nourishing the skin and tissues with vitamin C and E.
- Aloe vera also reduces pigmentation in the skin and thus, helps in lightening dark spots.
- When applied to the skin, it also helps in protection against sun burn and acts as a sort of a sun screen.
- It prevents bacterial and fungal growth on open cuts and wounds.
- Its juice helps in curing constipation. The proper functioning of the digestive system leads to a healthy and glowing skin.
- Application of aloe vera gel to the scalp keeps it moist and hydrated. This prevents dandruff, which is a common problem faced by many people these days.
- As it contains vitamin C, the juice of this herb helps in proper circulation of blood in the body. This helps the skin become healthy and tight.
Thus, you can that there are a number of aloe vera benefits for the skin. The best part is that unlike chemical lotions and gels, this herb does not have any side effects. So opt for it instead of chemical stuff for skin care.