A lot of people all over the world are bothered by acne. Males as well as females, young people as well as old people are all affected by it. Stress, hormones, improper diet, improper hygiene and a host of other factors can lead to breakouts of acne. It can be painful as well as embarrassing. However, the good news is that adults and teenagers suffering from acne breakouts can easily get rid of them and prevent them. Some acne tips for preventing as well as getting rid of them are mentioned below.
Helpful Acne Tips
- One of the most commonly known acne tips is to never touch, squeeze or pop them. These actions cause an increase in Sebum production and lead to rupture of the membranes beneath the skin. This can cause the problem to worsen and increase the chances of development of scars on the face.
- Take care of hygiene. Change towels and bed clothing frequently. Also, shower at least once a day especially after exercising. Shampoo your hair if you have pimples on your forehead. Hygiene is also important because acne is likely to develop when dirt mixes with sebum.
- Wash your face twice daily using a mild soap. Try to get a sulfur-based soap or, if you have oily skin, get a soap containing benzyl peroxide. However, do not wash your face excessively as this will lead to stimulate the sebaceous glands to increase production of sebum. This will lead to the formation of more pimples.
- If possible, do not wear makeup while you have pimples on your face. This is because it blocks the pores and leads to formation of more pimples. If you just have to wear makeup, use water-based stuff instead of oil based and remove it before going to sleep.
- Do not use oil-based products like oil-based cosmetics and cleansers on your skin. This will lead to the worsening of the problem.
- Drink lots of water daily to fight pimples. Water cleans out the waste-material from your body and helps in healing acne. It also helps in hydrating the skin and enables it to cleanse itself.
- If any sort of foods are the cause of your acne problem, then avoid them. Many people find that certain foods trigger acne due to allergies. They should be avoided. Avoiding spicy and oily food is also among popular acne tips
- Moderate exercise is highly recommended for fighting pimples. This is because exercise helps in the circulation of blood and removes toxins from the body. It also helps in elimination of stress, which is one of the major contributing factors of the problem.
- Try to learn stress-management. As said before, stress is one of main causes of acne. Hence, it should be dealt with in order to avoid acne. Yoga, aromatherapy, breathing exercises and other such techniques should be learned for managing stress.
The above acne tips will surely ease your problem to some extent. Follow these acne tips and you will be able to control acne breakouts easily.
Image source: Facebook.com