The summers bring with them the summer sun, heat and humidity. All these things can make your hair dry and brittle. On the other hand, excessive sweating can make the hair greasy. However, with proper summer hair care, you can maintain the silkiness and beauty of your hair even in the hot summer months. Some important summer hair care tips are mentioned below.
Summer Hair Care Tips
- Protect your hair from the sun by covering them with a scarf or hat.
- Alternatively, you can put some leave-in conditioner with sunscreen in your hair before going out in the sun. This is suitable if you expect to be in the sun for a long time and do not want to wear a hat or scarf.
- Use a conditioner daily but shampoo your hair less often. This is because shampoo removes moisture from your hair and leaves them dry.
- Massage your hair with oil frequently to keep it in good health and maintain the moisture balance. It will prevent your hair from becoming lifeless and limp.
- Ensure that you drink lots of water in the hot summer days. This is because being well-hydrated is the key to healthy hair in addition to being important for overall health.
- Avoid washing your hair in hot water. Wash your hair in warm or cold water to ensure that they do not become dry and damaged.
- Avoid using straightening irons, curling irons or blow dryers during the summer months. These appliances heat up your hair, which can result in more dryness. If you must use them, put some leave-in conditioner prior to using the appliance on your hair.
- Don’t use hair products that contain alcohol or formaldehyde. Use natural hair products instead to avoid stripping your hair of moisture.
- Prevent hair sweating in summers by tying your hair into a ponytail instead of leaving them open. Alternatively, you can try short haircuts for summer months.
- Wash your hair often but don’t shampoo them. This should be done to keep the hair clean and sweat free.
So, follow these summer hair care tips and enjoy the summers without worrying about your hair. You will certainly be able to get beautiful and shiny hair if you take proper care of your hair.
Image source: Facebook.com