We have good news for all coffee lovers out there. If your day starts with a cup of coffee and you just need another reason to buy coffee, we have got one for you. Coffee is very good for your hair. It promotes hair growth and also prevents hair damage. Read this article to find out how coffee can be beneficial for your hair.
How Is Coffee Good for Your Hair?
Mentioned below are some miraculous benefits of coffee:
Promotes Hair Growth
Coffee is highly beneficial for your hair. It nullifies the effects of DHT which is the prime cause of abnormal hair loss and damaged hair follicles in both men and women. It prevents damaging of the hair and promotes hair growth.
Fights Hair Loss
Weak hair follicles lead to abnormal hair loss and may result in baldness. Coffee helps stimulate hair follicles which fight hair loss and make your hair thicker and stronger. So next time you have option for coffee for all your hair-related griefs.
Improves Hair Texture
Using coffee on your hair will strengthen it from within and make your hair smoother and softer. Coffee is useful for treating dry, damaged and unmanageable hair.
Improves Blood Circulation
The grainy texture of coffee helps improve the blood circulation in the scalp. Rubbing it thoroughly onto the scalp will promote blood circulation and help in hair growth.
Exfoliates the Scalp
Whenever you feel that your scalp is oily and greasy, use a coffee hair mask. Washing your hair with coffee will also keep it clean and fresh. Coffee helps remove the dead skin cells and augments the growth of new hair follicles which helps in strengthening the roots of the hair.
Improves the Natural Hair Color
Coffee is a simple, chemical-free and effective home remedy to darken the color of your hair. If you have black or brown hair color, then coffee is perfect for enhancing the color of your hair. However, it’s not advised to use coffee if you have light-colored hair.
How to Use Coffee on Your Hair
Here we have some easy and quick method. You can experiment at home using coffee:
Coffee oil can help increase the blood circulation to the scalp and stimulate the hair follicles. The phytosterol in coffee promotes moisture retention and absorption.
How to Use
- Heat 2 cups of your regular oil in a saucepan. You can take coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil for this concoction.
- Add 1/4th cup of roasted coffee beans to the saucepan and cook on a low flame for 7-8 hours with the lid on.
- Stir in between to ensure that it’s not burning. Turn off the flame after about 8 hours and strain the oil into a clean glass jar once it cools.
- You can also add essential oils like lavender oil, rosemary oil or peppermint oil, which promote hair growth.
- Store in a refrigerator or cold place.
- Directly apply this coffee oil on the scalp for hair growth.
Coffee Leave-in Conditioner
Coffee leave-in conditioner can be used after you shampoo your hair.
How to Use
- Brew some fresh coffee.
- Shampoo your hair then towel dry it.
- Pour the brewed coffee on your hair and let it sit for about 5 minutes. You can also apply your regular conditioner and wrap your hair.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with water.
Coffee Hair Mask
A coffee mask will make your hair smoother, shinier and healthier. Apply this coffee mask for if you have hair loss problem and feel the difference.
How to Use
- Take 1 tablespoon each of honey and olive oil in a bowl. Add two teaspoons of coffee powder and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on to the hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes then rinse off thoroughly with water.
Coffee Hair Dye
Make this coffee hair dye to color your hair naturally with coffee. You will have dark and strong hair.
How to use
- Brew a strong cup of coffee and let it cool.
- Mix in two cups of your leave-in conditioner and two tablespoons of organic coffee grounds to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply on the paste on your hair and leave it on for about an hour. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Coffee Hair Rinse
Coffee hair rinse is easy to make and can be used regularly to improve the color and texture of your hair.
How to Use
- Brew some coffee and allow it to cool.
- Rinse your hair after you are done with the shampoo.
Side Effects of Using Coffee on Your Hair
Although coffee is beneficial for the overall health of your hair, it can harm your hair if used in excess. Hence, it should be used in moderate amounts for maximum benefits. People with light-colored hair, red hair or dyed hair must exercise caution while using coffee as it can darken the color of your hair.