Sleep helps us regain energy and revitalize ourselves. That is why we find ourselves fresh and energetic when we have a good night’s sleep. On the other hand, we feel lethargic when we don’t get enough sleep during the night. According to studies most of the people do not sleep well during the night. If you are also among those people who do not get adequate sleep and so, are lethargic all the time, here are some tips to help you sleep better.
Tips to Sleep Better
- Your bedroom should be dark, clean and well-ventilated in order to help you sleep. If your bedroom is noisy, stuffy or unclean then you will definitely have problems falling asleep.
- Have a comfortable bed and mattress as well as comfortable pillows so that you can sleep better.
- Make your bedroom and your bed a place for sleeping only. Do not do anything else like watching TV or eating on your bed. This will help your mind associate your bed and bedroom with sleep and so, when you lie down on your bed, you will feel sleepy.
- Avoid coffee, sodas and other foods and drinks that contain caffeine in order to sleep better. This is because caffeine stimulates your brain and so, you can have trouble falling asleep.
- Have warm milk around bedtime as it can help you sleep by relaxing you.
- Exercise regularly as exercise tires out your body and help you relax. That is why people who exercise regularly sleep better than those who don’t.
- Fix your sleeping time and sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. Once your body becomes used to the schedule, you will feel sleepy naturally at bedtime.
- Don’t watch TV or work on your computer at least half an hour before sleep. When you watch TV or computer, your mind thinks that it’s not bedtime yet. This is due to the light emitted by these appliances, which mimics sunlight.
- Don’t have a heavy meal at least 2 hours before sleep. A light snack is okay but a heavy meal should be avoided. This is because digestion of the meal requires energy and so, you remain awake until the meal is digested.
- Don’t nap during the day. Napping during the day will interfere with your nighttime sleep. It is important to maintain a balance between daytime and nighttime sleep. If you cannot create that balance, then it’s better that you don’t sleep during the day.
- Relax and follow stress management techniques like meditation and yoga. Being stressed out also prevents a person from sleeping well.
8 hours of nighttime sleep is important for being productive throughout the day. It is also very important for health. These tips will help you sleep better and so be energetic and productive during the day .
Image Source: Facebook.com