We are well aware of the fact that by doing yoga we not only gain external health i.e. maintain our weight but we also gain internal health. We can attain inner peace and de-stress your body with help of yoga. Though many of us don’t bother but it is really important. So, our today’s beauty article’s goal is to help you separate 5 to 10 minutes to stretch and breathe during your day. You can do it either in the morning, or before going to bed. In-fact any time of the day will do. We have put together list of some very simple yoga exercise which you can do at home and they will really help you in relaxing your tired mind and body.
Relaxing Yoga Poses You Can Try At Home
Even if you haven’t done yoga in your entire life, you can still go for these exercises. All you have to do is to focus inward on your breath and you will be ready to de-stress and de-tocify from all that crazy stuff going on in your life.
Legs Up the Wall Pose
This is a very simple Yoga exercise. Following are the tips
- The first thing you have to do is to lie down with your hips close to a wall and stretch your legs up towards the ceiling.
- In case you are feeling strain in your hamstring, move away your pelvis from the wall, but only a few inches not more.
- For an even more relaxing stretch, place a looped belt around the outer edges of your feet, with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. The belt relieves your muscles from the effort to keep your legs up, and it also gently rolls the thighs in to create more space in your lower back.
Supine Bound Angle
This is another very good among the relaxing yoga poses you can try at home. Following are the tips to do it
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet touching the floor, you can also lie over a bolster or a cushion.
- Then very slowly open your knees out wide, so that your feet soles are touching.
- Lengthen your spine by extending your tailbone towards your heels and reaching the crown of your head in the opposite direction.
- Place your palms, facing up, next to your hips, and soften your shoulders into the ground, away from the ears. Then soften your face, eyes, jaw, neck, and throat.
The last pose among the relaxing yoga poses you can try at home is Supine Twist. This one is really effective.
- The first step is to lie on your back with knees bent and up towards your chest.
- Then you have to stretch your arms into a T position, all the while maintaining an alignment between your elbows and shoulders.
- Then gently lower your knees to the right, all the while keep your left shoulder blade pressing into the floor.
- Create length along the left side of your torso by focusing on your left hip and your left shoulder reaching in opposite directions. Your head and neck should stay where you are most comfortable.
- After a few deep breaths, switch sides.