Hair loss is a very common problem for people. It has been experienced by people for a long time. Males and females both suffer from it. Many people, who have this problem in their families, are worried about losing their hair. However, hair loss is caused by many other factors like hormonal problems, diet, medicine and aging. Following tips to prevent hair loss can help you if you are worried about losing your hair.
Tips to Prevent Hair Loss
- You should take a balanced diet. A good diet is very important to prevent hair loss. You should give your body enough iron, protein, vitamins and minerals to have healthy hair. In addition to this, certain foods can help you prevent hair fall. These include fish, eggs, chicken, yoghurt and beans. These should be included in your diet.
- Take care of your health needs and take proper medications for any illness. A healthy body leads to healthy hair. Illnesses make your body use all energy in fighting them. Thus, there is not enough energy left for the growth of hair. Due to this, taking care of your health and following steps to cure any illnesses is very important for hair loss prevention.
- Wash your hair at least once every week. Shampooing removes all the dirt, sweat and grime from the scalp, which could otherwise lead to hair fall. Use a mild shampoo if you are experiencing hair fall. In addition to this, massage your scalp gently instead of vigorously when shampooing your hair. This is because rubbing the scalp vigorously can break hair.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair to prevent hair loss. Harsh chemicals are one of the major causes of hair loss. Thus, do not use chemical hair dyes, straitening solutions and gels often on your hair. If you simply must use it consult a dermatologist or a beautician first. Also, get all hair treatments done from an experienced stylist rather than doing it yourself.
- Do not choose hairstyles that pull your hair tightly. This is because when pulled tightly, hair is more likely to fall. Also, avoid using caps and hats that are too tight. These stop blood circulation to the scalp and cause hair to fall.
- Avoid excessive exposure to heat. Excessive heat can weaken the hair and cause them to fall off. This can be avoided by covering your hair to protect it from the sun and using hair dryers, curling irons and straighteners less frequently.
- Use the right comb and combing technique to prevent hair loss. Combing distributes the oils evenly among the hair and removes dead hair. However, combing the hair with too much pressure can pull even the new hair from the scalp.
- Hair loss is also caused by stress. This is because stress causes a change in hormone levels. Altered hormone levels lead to thinning and loss of hair. Learn how to relax to prevent losing hair from your scalp. There are many relaxation techniques that you can learn including yoga, meditation and breathing exercises.
If you follow the above tips, you will be able to prevent hair loss and have beautiful healthy hair.