Nazia Hassan was a Pakistani pop singer-songwriter, as well as lawyer and social activist. In just the small age she became one of the most prominent singers in Pakistan and India. She enjoyed on with the widespread popularity across South and Southeast Asia and has been called the “Queen of Pop” in South Asia. Let’s hear out some interesting facts about her:
Interesting And Unknown Facts About Nazia Hassan
- She was the professional lawyer. She did LLB from London. Hassan received her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics at the Richmond American University in London. In 1991, she also became an intern in the Women’s International Leadership program at the United Nations.
- She was married with the businessman Mirza Ishtiaq Baig in an Islamic wedding ceremony held in Karachi. This took place after her being diagnosed with cancer. They have a son named as Arez Hassan who was born on 7 April 1997. The marriage ended in a divorce ten days before Nazia’s death.
- Doctors had already told Nazia hassan about her disease but she did not let the doctors to told about her disease to her family. She wanted to get married for her family happiness.
- She had a close friendship bonding with Benzair Butto.
- Zohaib Hassan was the closest to her in all the siblings. He did not like talking about her sister in interviews.
- Her in laws are one of the richest family of Pakistan.
No doubt that Nazia Hassan will always be remained as the queen of the pop music world in Pakistan. No one can take the reputable place which she earned. She was the real diva!