French braid is a classy and elegant hairstyle for medium-length and long hair. It is also quite suitable when you are having a bad hair day. Although it might seem a bit complex at first, it is simple to make once you get a clear idea of how to french braid your hair. However, before learning how to french braid your hair, you must know how to make a simple braid. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to learn how to french braid and create this hairstyle. Following are the instructions about how to french braid your hair.
How to french Braid Your Hair Easily
- Firstly, comb or brush your hair thoroughly. This will help you in removing knots or tangles from your hair.
- Now, gather a section of your hair from the top of your head. Separate this hair into three further sections as you do for a normal braid. Make sure that these sections are separated all the way to the end. Otherwise, they will get tangled. Hold the left section with the left hand, right one with the right and middle one between a thumb and another finger of any hand.
- Cross the right section over the middle one and then left over the middle just like you do for a normal braid. Pull them tightly, so that they do not become loose and cause your braid to become undone.
- After this, gather a small section of hair from your head’s right side and add it to the right-most section. Now, cross this larger section that you have gathered over the middle. Do the same for the left side of your head.
- Keep on repeating the last two steps until you have gathered all the additional hair strands. Now finish the French braid till the bottom just like a normal braid. If you have very long hair, then bring the braid over your shoulder and braid the rest of the hair in the opposite direction.
- Tie the end of the braid with a band or clip. If you want, use a pin to secure the loose hair in the middle to give a neater look.
- Now, your French braid is complete.
Once you have learned how to french braid your hair and do it a couple of times, you will find it very easy to do. It will then take you only a few minutes to French braid your hair.