Almost all women want perfect white nail tips all the time. Unfortunately, many women find their nails becoming yellow due to various reasons like excessive use of nail polish and poor lifestyle habits. Yellow nails can also be the cause of some internal disorder. In that case, it is best to see a doctor and get blood tests done to determine the cause. However, if you think you have yellowing nails due to your lifestyle habits, then you can use the Nail Whitening home remedies given below.
Effective Nail Whitening Home Remedies for Yellow Nails
- Use lemon juice on the nails as it is considered to be quite effective for nail whitening. It is an astringent and cleans away all the stains from your nails. You can use lemon juice by dipping your nails in a bowl of lemon juice or rubbing lemon slices on them. Dry your nails with a towel after doing this. Do this a few times every week.
- Another way to use lemon juice for nail whitening is to make a paste of lemon juice along with baking powder. Apply only a small quantity of the paste using a buffer. Leave it for a few moments and then wash your nails. Pat them dry after washing.
- Using a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide 3% is another popular and effective nail whitening home remedies. Mix together three tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and make a paste. Apply this paste on your nails and leave it for a few moments. Wash your nails and hands and pat them dry.
- You can also whiten your nails using whitening toothpaste. This sort of toothpaste not only whitens your teeth but also does the same for your nails. It removes all stains and makes your nails shine.
- Another one of the efficacious nail whitening home remedies is to use denture cleaning tablet. You can get it from any chemist. Dissolve the tablet in a bowl of water and soak your nails in the water for 15 minutes. After that, pat them dry. Repeat this process three times every week.
These are only a few nail whitening home remedies but they are most effective. Make sure moisturize your hands after you use any of these home remedies. This will enable you to keep your hands well hydrated. Also, be quite gentle when buffing your nails as over buffing can do more harm than good. Apart from this, you should also prevent the yellowing of nails by using nail polish less often and adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Image Source: Facebook.com