- Use skin care products that are meant specifically for sensitive skin. Also, check any precautions or warning on the products’ labels before buying them.
- When buying skin care products, be sure to check them for colorings and preservatives.
- If you are unsure about the suitability of any product, do a patch-test before using it.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure to prevent the itchiness and irritation. Apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun.
- Cover yourself up adequately before stepping out in order to avoid exposure to dust, dirt and pollutants in the air.
- Watch what you eat as diet plays an important role in the health of your skin. Have a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetable to avoid skin problems.
- Find out which foods cause skin irritation and avoid them as much as possible.
- Keep your skin well hydrated by drinking lots of water. A well hydrated skin is healthy and is more capable of fighting off irritation.
- Wash your face and hands with cold water as warm or hot water can irritate the skin. However, ensure that the water is not too cold.
- Use hypoallergenic and water-based moisturizer to avoid irritation. The same rules apply for cleansers.
- When exfoliating your skin, be gentle. Scrubbing or exfoliating too hard can cause irritation.
- Use hypoallergenic makeup and makeup remover. Also, remove the makeup as soon as you can.
- Do not spray perfume on the skin. If you must wear perfume, then spray it on your clothes only.
- Wear protective gloves when washing clothes or using chemical-based cleaning agents. If you are allergic to latex or rubber, wear leather gloves.
With these tips, you can avoid getting irritation or redness. As you can see, sensitive skin care is more about being careful than anything else. So be extra careful and you will be able to enjoy a beautiful skin free from itching and redness.