Dry skin is a challenge faced by many women all over the world. The problem is worsened during winters. Dryness of the skin can make it look dull and cracked. There are many causes for dryness of skin. These include genetics, aging, cold weather and poor diet. Whatever the cause, we need to take steps to care for dry skin. Some of the skin caretips for dry skin are mentioned below.
Dry Skin Care Tips
- Cleansing and exfoliating is very important if your skin is dry. Dry skin has various dead cells accumulated on the surface. Hence, these need to be removed with cleansing and exfoliating. Do this daily and apply makeup only after cleansing and exfoliating your skin.
- Moisturizing skin is also important when skin becomes dry. This is because your skin becomes dry when it lacks moisture. This can lead to the formation of wrinkles. Thus, you need to apply a moisturizer daily to keep your skin well moisturized and smooth. You should apply a daytime moisturizer as well as a nighttime moisturizer if your skin is dry.
- Invest in a humidifier. It will help you with the dryness of your skin by making the air moister. The humidifier should be turned on day and night in order to be effective in reducing the dryness of your skin.
- Do not use harsh soaps, which contain alcohol or detergents. Use handmade natural soaps instead as they are good for skin. Always check the PH value of the soap and use mild soaps only.
- Improve your diet in order to reduce the dryness of your skin. Dry skin is usually caused by a poor diet. So, a good diet can surely help you with this problem. Include foods rich in vitamins A, B, C and E and anti-oxidants. Also take foods, which are rich in good fats as they help your skin produce more oils. In addition to this, drink more water to hydrate your skin. Avoid sodas, coffee and alcohol that can dehydrate your body and skin.
- Use skin products especially made for your skin type and problem. Skincare products containing virgin coconut oil, shea butter, coconut butter, AHA and vitamin A, B, C and E should be chosen. Avoid products that contain mineral oils or are petroleum-based.
- Finally, do not bathe or shower for long. Many dermatologists advise people having dry skin to shower for 3 minutes only.